11/15/2011

A cheerful to-do board

I like LOVE lists!  I have a marker board on the wall in the hall that's a collage of lists.  I use a different color marker for one and they each start in their own little corner.  House projects, craft projects, groceries, errands, wish list, things to look up later... you name it and I've probably got a list for it.  I was inspired to combine my love for lists with my perpetual desire for a healthier and more organized life and made this totally cute to-do board.

Last year, a friend and I were talking about making permanent habits out of things we'd like to do (and should be doing) everyday... things like taking vitamins, flossing teeth (which has been a daily habit of mine for over 3 years now!), exercising, eating vegetables, etc...  basic things that a normal healthy productive adult should do anyways.

Some of us like to have lists to help accomplish goals, and so recently I decided to put a life tasks list on the wall too.  I chose a mildly embarrassing assortment of healthy habits and chores (I don't really plan on cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming every single day), and some like no tv and being in bed by midnight are just hopeful goals I rarely check off.

I spray painted a frame glossy white, placed some cute scrapbook paper inside, and drew an analog excel spreadsheet on it with a sharpie and a ruler.  Dry erase markers work on glass, and when you erase (gently) the sharpie stays behind.


I used 1" painters tape to edge the glass insert, freehanded straight(ish) lines with a sharpie and a cardstock home store coupon (quicker than finding a ruler), then wrote out a list



The painter's tape left a perfect little border

Now, when I do something as simple as walking the dog, I get to put a little check in a box.  Yippee!   I'm all set to improve my life with one checkbox at a time!



1 comment: