5/09/2011

project: shed - continued

We had another beautiful day so I spent most of it outside working on the shed.  Yesterday, I got it all prepped for paint so I was ready to go this morning!  Despite forgetting to bring my paint swatch with me, I did get the right paint color on my shopping trip this morning.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I have only painted the half of the shed that we can see.  The back and other side are on hold because of all the vegetation and fallen limbs back there.  It would be another big project just to gain enough access to pressure wash and paint!  I might do that in the fall.

This is how the shed looked on April 7th, with falling shutters and gigantic boxwoods.


The tree guys came on April 8 to take down the two aged redbuds and take out the boxwoods in front of the shed... a great improvement - sort of - now you can really see how crap our shed looks!


This morning's fresh coat of the top strength primer that Kilz had to offer.  It's looking good already!


I love the new color!  I still have to do the second coat, but here's a peek at the new look.  I'm not planning to put shutters back up because non-functional shutters that are just screwed to siding make me twitchy.  Especially when they clearly aren't sized to even pretend to cover the window!  


Instead, I'm going to get a trellis for each side of the window so that I can grow some peas and morning glory flowers up it and I plan to paint the trellis to match the door.  I'm also going to make a flower box for under the window and paint it to match the door.  I've had this idea of making a garden in the now empty space in front of the shed... we'll see how quickly that happens!

Most importantly, here's a photo of the beautiful flowers that Bob sent for Mother's Day.  True, I'm not a mother to human babies but we have 3 furry babies that I take care of!  I'm also taking the opportunity to show off our cool couch and the wall installation I did this winter!



These are the very lovely farmers market flowers that my mom brought over for the Mother's Day brunch I had for her and my mother in law.





1 comment: