4/26/2011

hello again

I took the train up to Baltimore for a week which was a blast but left me feeling pretty tired!  I've been back for a week now but I still have to get the photos off of my camera so I can share the excitement of my trip properly, so a post on it will be coming soon.

I spent Easter in a total house cleaning frenzy... I'm talking sweeping, vacuuming, and even moving everything off of all the furniture and *gasp* dusting.  Very necessary since I've spent the last month with the windows open, letting in a nice layer of pollen on everything.  More importantly, it also involved relocating the general layer of clutter that settles on all of our horizontal surfaces like a fine powder.  It's so peculiar/annoying because I CANNOT function in a mess, yet I seem to leave a mess behind me wherever I go.  The den has been a disaster since Christmas.  That room is like a black hole (literally it is because the back half of it is so dark you can hardly read movie titles in the blazing afternoon sun) and it seems to accumulate all the things that have nowhere else to go!  I also moved things around a bit in the office, getting ready for an exciting new little desk-ette (aka secretary)!

I spent this morning in the yard working on planting a couple of things, weeding, and pruning.  I saw several baby perennials coming back from last year!

Yesterday and today have also been spent working on my final project for the draping class.  It's going well and it was refreshing to start on Sunday and not feel too rushed.  I still have some work to do and will post photos when it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment