4/13/2011

!!!!!!! ugh.

Apparently I'm always very excited to be sharing what I'm up to!  I just realized that 11 of my 13 post titles contain an exclamation mark!  (and now as of this post, it's 12 of 14 How embarrassing.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to cut that out : )

I've lived my life as a solid and well practiced procrastinator, but I've just recently decided that my habit is rooted in my problem with perfectionism.  My idol, Hellen Buttigeig, the fabulous organizer and host of the Canadian show 'Neat,' posted an article about perfectionism on her blog 'Organizing with Hellen' and I completely relate.

I finished my taxes last Thursday and will just be mailing them tomorrow (I can't explain why I didn't mail them last Friday).  This is a project of note because this year I have to file in 9 states, 1 city, and federal and I couldn't e-file them (according to TurboTax).  Yes folks, that's 11 income tax situations to deal with, and being such a control freak, I still felt compelled to do taxes myself even though most people who have worked on a tour use accountants.  But I don't trust accountants to do taxes right, I've seen it go very wrong a couple of times.

A pretty flower made of tax envelopes... good thing we have leftover 61 cent wedding stamps, no way are these are going to make it into the regular postage weight limits


And like a miracle, I've finished my homework by 1am the night before it's due!  Woohoo!  The project was to make a sleeve, something nice and refreshingly quick compared to the dress without a waist seam last time.  But in true Claire fashion, my best laid plans got mixed up... the arm I made for my dress form is on the right side, the regular side I drape on - however the bodice from my collar project that I grabbed to drape my sleeve on was draped for the left side.  How annoying!  I just draped it with the bodice inside out and then cut and stitched the muslin to be the right way round.
What a messy girl!  

It turns out, the new peninsula in the kitchen is the PERFECT drafting table

See?  The arm isn't doing me a whole lot of good over there!  Looking at this picture, I now see that the socks that I stuffed the bust of the form with last time are starting to sag.  yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment