4/11/2011

A Wonderful Weekend!

I feel like I had a great weekend!  Friday night I made potato soup and blueberry muffins (not together as a meal)

It was amazing to be able to get the soup ingredients together and chopped up on my counter that's NEXT to the stove!  My kitchen rearranging project from this past winter is wonderful and a month later, it's still AMAZING to me!

yep, that's my Martha Stewart knock-off SlapChop!


Making the blueberry muffins was great too.  I still get so excited about making something all in one place in our kitchen, and I really love it when I use the new peninsula.  Check it out - all of my ingredients AND my cookbook are together on one single surface!  And then the muffin pan gets to join them too!  Wowza!




Most importantly, I'm feeling a lot better and seem to be doing well on regular old Motrin!  I'm still anxiously awaiting the results from the battery of tests they did on my blood last week.  I'm hoping for something nice and relatively simple like a random virus or Lyme.. not rheumatic fever or anything else scary (though rheumatic fever does conjure up some kind of romantic Gone with the Wind type of thought)

I didn't get much done, but going to work at the ballet this weekend was fun (except for the sauna-like temperatures that the dancers want!)  I've worked on and off with the ballet for over 7 years (wow that's a long time!) and I love getting to see the dancers who I've known since the beginning.  I haven't really been around much in the past couple of years and there are so many new company members who I barely know, so it's a fun mix!

After our show today, I zipped over to Durham and visited some friends who are in town with the Shrek tour.  Then I headed home and my Mom came over to check out the new look in our backyard in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment