4/01/2011

Sick of Being Sickie!

In an extremely unfair turn of events, I woke up yesterday morning with pretty painful muscle soreness in my right hip and hand.  I figured I had slept funny because the night before I was up late working on homework like it was 1999.  Even though I'm taking just one class, I still feel compelled to wait until the day before to do my homework (a die hard procrastinator much to my mother's chagrin).

I started draping the dress around 7pm and I figured it'd be done by midnight (I'm a constant victim of my own magical thinking).  Right.  I finished my drape and paper patterns around 1 and then still had to cut the pieces out of my fabric and sew them.  I got to bed at 4:30am.  It felt like it took forever, but I think that starting from scratch with draping then patterning and ending up with a finished dress in 8 hours isn't too bad.  I'm pretty pleased with the dress though.  I need to let it out a tiny bit in the hips to fit me more attractively, but it fits really well considering that I used socks and felt to pad out my dress form (which is why there is t-shirt under the dress) to account for my weight gain since I sized it to fit me in college, several pounds ago : )  Thanks again for the dress form, Mom!  Squishy is still holding up well 8 years later!

"Designing" isn't really in my skill set, so I usually look around online for inspiration for my homework projects.  This week I picked a cute Lilly Pulitzer dress, minus the shoulder bow!  I didn't put enough flare in the skirt but I was worried about running out of fabric.

it definitely looks cuter on the Lilly model, but she's about half my size!



So naturally I figured that the sleepless night was to blame for feeling off yesterday morning.  As the day progressed, I started hobbling around and by bedtime, my upper arms, left hip, and left hand were starting to get in the game.  It took a while for me to muster up the motivation to lay down once I sat on my bed, and it really took some doing to get out of the bed this morning because of the pain.  I went to the doc and since I've been recovering from the other illnesses, it's hard to say what symptoms are new and which are old (other than the mobility issues).  So basically they took my blood (which is still ridiculously upsetting even though I'm nearly 30) and are going to check it for tick diseases, mono, and some other kind of bacterial thing.

That was a really long-winded way of saying that I'm sorry I'm so boring and not crafty or projecty this week.  I started a blog because usually I'm working on lots of stuff and traveling all around - but not this week : (

No comments:

Post a Comment